miércoles, 8 de noviembre de 2017

Postgradute Studies

When I finished my undergraduate education as a pharmacist, I felt that I was not prepared enough, so I started my master in Pharmaceutical Science, developmenting clinical pharmacology, I wanted to understand how the medication can affect to real patients in the real world and how I could try to improve the pharmacological therapy.

When I finished my master's thesis I wanted to know more and continue learning about how defferent patients respond in different ways with the same medication, so I applyed for a PhD and started to develop Pharmacogenetics. Thit is how the genetics can affect the response to a treatment and searching of understanding why some patient have success with the therapy and why other develop adverse effects.

Nowdays, we have a lot of basic knowledge about the relationship between gen expression and the response to drugs, but we can not predict accurately this response, so we can not use in the clinical practice.

Now, if I can I would like to study "Machine Learning", this area is related to the computational science and artificial intelligence, that allow an automatic learning of the computers. I want to learn this subjects because is the best way to predict the behaviour in complex systems as the human body, I want to take this knowledge and apply it in my own field. In this way I could predict what patient is going to be wellwith the medication and who of them is going to have and adverse event.

USA is the best country to learn Machine Learning, so I would like to go there to learn this subject in vivo, because I need to learn programming and the best way is with a partner or a team.

With this technology we can mix all the factors in one model, not only genetics: behaviour, social, therapeutics, pathological and physiological factors could be used to predict the answer.  The most important advantage of Machine Learning is that when you add the information of a new patient the predictive model could improve its performance and be better and better.

What do you think about develop the diagnosis and prognosis of our patients using mathematical models in our country?

Resultado de imagen para machine learning

1 comentario:

  1. Wooo... its a very interesting topic, and is so close to artificial intelligence that its almost of science fiction

    ResponderEliminar